MATERNITY AND NURSING BRAS
It can be hard to determine what type of maternity or nursing bra you need, as it is crucial you are wearing the most comfortable and supportive style while you are going through your pregnancy!
Hotmilk is one of the leading suppliers for maternity and nursing bras, providing both beautiful and comfortable styles to suit any stage of your pregnancy.
"We know you want to look and feel comfortable, glamorous and feminine all at the same time- So we've designed bras which allow you to do just that! We test them extensively on real, pregnant women – and we wear them ourselves! We source the most technologically advanced fabrics and accessories, which also happen to be fashionable and exquisitely beautiful too. - Hotmilk
The features of nursing and maternity bras:
Every bra will fit slightly differently and not every bra will suit every bust shape, so make sure you try a few different styles of nursing and maternity bras.
NOW HERE'S HOW TO FIT YOUR BRA:
1. Before fitting the bra, extend the shoulder straps out right to the end.
2. Slip the straps over your shoulders and whilst holding both ends
of the bra, lean forward into the bra so your bust will fall naturally into the cups.
3. Stand up straight and fasten the back closure to the second tightest set of eyes. Nursing and maternity bras have 6 rows of hook & eyes to provide room for expansion in the diaphragm, which will allow for the bra to be loosened (on average) one set of eyes per month during pregnancy.
Note: If you are 7-8 months pregnant when you are being fitted, the bra should be fastened on one of the looser set of eyes.
4. Pull the bra down firmly to position the back fastening underneath the shoulder blades.
5. Lift your bust into the bra cups by using the opposite hand to the breast. This ensures the breast is correctly positioned in the cup and isn't sitting under the band or spilling over the top of the underarm.
Note: There should be enough room in the cup for you to slide your hand into the upper cup for expansion when the milk flow arrives.
6. Lastly adjust your shoulder straps so they give a firm but comfortable uplift to your bust
It is exciting time ahead and we want you to be completely comfortable during your pregnancy, If you have any questions about the fit or our range of bras, please contact us on:
AU: 1800 810 031
NZ: 0800 556 611
+61 2 8399 8671
VIEW THE COMPLETE COLLECTION OF NURSING AND MATERNITY BRAS HERE